Search site

Where can I get help?

Domestic abuse is a crime, and one that is often hidden away.  If you or anybody you know is suffering from domestic abuse and are looking for help, there are many links on this page to agencies, authorities and voluntary sector organisations that are there to help.



Hampshire Constabulary first priority is to protect you and any member of your household.    

If you're a victim of domestic abuse, or know someone who is, and there's an emergency that's ongoing or life is in danger, call 999 now.

If you've been the victim of domestic abuse, or are concerned for someone who is, you can report this in the safety of your local police station. If you require a translator, we can provide someone initially by phone and later in person.

In non-emergency cases and for general advice, please call 101.



Stop Domestic Abuse offer a confidential support service to women, children, young people and men experiencing domestic abuse.  They provide services to people who have experienced or who are experiencing emotional, physical or sexual abuse in their relationships.  For all enquires, advice and referrals, please ring the free helpline on 03300 165 112

Full contact details are below:

03300 165112    


Woman's Aid Charity.  There is a freephone 24hr national domestic violence helpline which is run in partnership with Woman's Aid and Refuge which can be accessed by calling 0808 2000 247

Victim Support in Hampshire & Isle of Wight. 

For further information on domestic abuse support services please visit

Another organisation that provides free help in seeking civil orders to protect victims of domestic abuse is the National Centre for Domestic Violence.

Man Kind offer a confidential hotline for men suffering from domestic abuse across the UK. 


Respect - Men's Advice Line for male victims of domestic violence in same-sex relationships.


Updated: 26 Mar 2020
Powered by GOSS iCM